In addition to user groups, there are numerous other places to find information and acquire assistance:
- Oracle Technology Network (OTN) - forums, webinars, documentation, tutorials, blogs, software
- My Oracle Support (MOS) - knowledge base, communities, service requests, certification, patches
- Blogs - There is a blog to suit every level of expertise and type of Oracle application. For a sample, have a look at the ODTUG Community pages.
- Books - Check out O'Reilly, Oracle Press, Apress, the Look Smarter Than You Are series, Packt Publishing, and Wiley to get you started.
- Oracle University - training and certification
- An Oracle Partner - Check out the Oracle PartnerNetwork.
- Conferences - A conference is a great way to increase your knowledge and make contacts. Most user groups run their own conferences, anything from a half-day gathering to a full week. ODTUG's annual conference is Kscope. Oracle also runs the huge Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco every year.
- Social media - Social networking is also a great way to search for tips, tricks, and help. ODTUG took the initiative to "standardize" a few useful hashtags to help you search easier. Check them out here.
Software and Patches
Oracle software can be downloaded from either:
Patches can be downloaded from My Oracle Support.