I had the incredible opportunity to attend the first ODTUG executive meeting in Miami. It was a great experience to meet executives, and other EPM professionals who shared lessons of current challenges and their victories, and a great event to get expert information from industry leaders.
This was my first ODTUG meeting, which was held in the modern East Hotel, situated on top of the new and trendy Brickell City Centre. This was a great networking opportunity in a beautiful venue, but much more valuable, because we were very fortunate to have great speakers at this summit who shared important knowledge with us:
1. Jessica Cordova, President at ARC EPM Consulting, who opened the summit and is also ODTUG’s EPM Meetup Lead.
2. Jacques Vigeant, Senior Director Product Strategy -– Oracle Keynote Speaker, who gave a great presentation and an overview of the synopsis and day-by-day applications, which are great help for analytics.
3. Doug Hahn, Enterprise Technology Officer at Invesco, who gave a very informative presentation on how to decide what Cloud is best, and from whom I learned about FaaS, SaaS, PaaS, DbaaS, IaaS, and much more.
4. Phil Bernhardt, Finance Director of Strategic Planning at Scholastic Book Fairs, who shared his experience with the transition to Oracle PBCS.
5. Cameron Lackpour, Oracle ACE Director, who taught us about the administrative transition to PBCS.
6. Lakshmi Balusu, VP of Financial Systems at Perry Ellis, who shared his experience learned along the way to HCM Cloud.
I’m so grateful that these leaders took time from their busy schedule to share their experiences with us in Miami. I found it extremely valuable that these executives worked in different leadership roles so that we all learned new things from various functions, and the importance of team work among different departments of an organization.
I was also very fortunate to be one of three winners of a membership to ODTUG in my very first meetup. I’m so blessed to have access to all the ODTUG webinars, ODTUG Kscope presentations and recordings. This membership is giving me an amazing world of knowledge!
Thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers that made the Miami event a success, and to ODTUG for giving back to the users’ community in so many ways. I want to give a special thanks to John Riley from ARC EPM Consulting for inviting me several times last year until I was finally able to attend this event.
I highly recommend any user to attend these ODTUG meetups. It would be great to see EPM first -time and non-tech users in these events to build and reach a more diverse ODTUG community. I would like to cross virtual borders and see more EPM professionals from other countries in these events, so they can share their experiences about the global impact of their Oracle products and processes.