Providing real-time data to its global customers is a necessity for IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry), a not-for-profit organization with a mission to safeguard the rights of record producers and promote the value of recorded music. Using Oracle Streams and Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) for real-time data replication and integration, meeting this goal was becoming a challenge. Streams, nearing it’s end-of-life as a product, was difficult to maintain and overall throughput was degrading as data volume increased. OWB was also on the chopping block and ready to be replaced in the Oracle data integration stack. The need for greater stability and performance led IFPI to implement Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator.
The integration between GoldenGate and ODI provided IFPI with a more robust, maintainable, and performant solution. With help from the experts at Rittman Mead, the IFPI business intelligence and data warehousing team developed an innovative approach to real-time data replication and integration.
- Understanding why IFPI made the move from Streams to GoldenGate and OWB to ODI.
- Understanding of the innovative solution developed for real-time replication and transformations.
- Monitoring and maintenance tips for GoldenGate and ODI.
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 2,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database