Using a college football data warehouse comprised of detail play-by-play statistics, I’ll illustrate some potentially lesser known OBIEE modeling, front-end features and graphing approaches I recently leveraged on various BI projects that I hadn’t used or explored before. All the illustrations, of course, will be based around my favorite kind of data on planet Earth – college football stats.
A “how to” of some OBIEE topics will include:
* Newer OBIEE 188.8.131.52 front-end options you may have missed
* Presentation Hierarchy column oddities and modeling workarounds against relational data sets
* Smart View based analyses against OBIEE
* Logical Table Source considerations and approaches
* Specialized graph displays for improved (slider bar based) animated illustrations
Ultimately, the end goal – or perhaps, “end zone” in this case – will be that of a harmonious narrative of advanced OBIEE features that tell a tale as to why the SEC trounces poor Kevin McGinley’s Big 10... Sorry Kevin.
Whether you actually care about the various OBIEE topics above, want to have a laugh at Kevin’s expense, or just come to heckle/hiss/cheer for your favorite or most reviled college football conference, then this is probably the talk for you.
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 2,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database