OBIEE provides some very useful and user-friendly time series modeling functions: TODATE, AGO and
PERIODROLLING. As friendly and easy as they may be to use, however, you may find from time to time
that the SQL generated and the runtime performance cost to execute them may prove to be too cost
This tag-team presentation between two experienced OBIEE consultants will show alternative
approaches to these traditional out of the box BI time series functions. Jonathan and Jeremy will give
head-to-head demo comparisons, a review of the generated SQLs and performance/cost, and pros vs.
cons of each approach when one might be preferable to the other.
Options covered will include:
• Review of the "classic" OBIEE approaches that predate TODATE/AGO
• FILTER(ex USING(time vars)) functions with presentation variables
• Densely ranked lists
• Time series using set operations
• Static time series using MSUM(ex), RSUM(ex), MAX(ex) and AGGR(ex BY RANK-/+(interval))
At the end of it all, attendees will be armed with some alternatives that they can pull from in their bag of
OBIEE tricks whenever they might be needed – just in the nick of time...
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 2,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database