Are you a developer or architect who wants in-depth technical training at Oracle OpenWorld?
ODTUG is proud to offer five Symposiums on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, CA. ODTUG Symposium topic areas are: Database Development, Business Intelligence, Fusion Middleware, Hyperion/EPM, and Application Express.
ODTUG Sunday Symposium Business Intelligence Schedule
Sunday, September 30
Moscone West – 2006
12:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Oracle Scorecard & Strategy Management: The Un-Scorecard Manual
Kevin McGinley, Accenture
Time: 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
Oracle Scorecard & Strategy Management (OSSM) is a new module in OBIEE 11g for delivering sophisticated scorecards using a variety of methodologies. However, some companies run into business process roadblocks while trying to put a scorecard methodology in place. What if you're not ready for advanced scorecards? Does that mean OSSM has no value and the tool sits there unused if you own the BI Foundation Suite? This session will try to show how you can start small with OSSM to get value from it quickly, and even use it as just another developer tool alongside Answers and BI Publisher when building content for users to consume on regular BI dashboards.
- Understand key functionality within Oracle Scorecard & Strategy Management.
- See ways in which KPI and Scorecard functionality can be used outside of traditional areas.
- Understand the value of Oracle Scorecard & Strategy Management as part of Oracle BI Foundation Suite.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery for Oracle BI/DW Developers
Mark Rittman, Rittman Mead
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is a new product within the Oracle Fusion Middleware family that helps customers analyze unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data sets from disparate data sources within minimal up-front data modeling. In this session, aimed at existing Oracle BI and DW developers, the presenters develop an Oracle EID application from data sourced in Oracle EID Integrator through to dashboards, and look in detail at how these disparate, jagged data sources are loaded and integrated in the Endeca Server. Once the data is available, they will build a hybrid search/analysis application using Oracle EID Studio, and discuss how such applications complement and extend the traditional relational and OLAP-based Oracle BI dashboards.
- See how Oracle Endeca Information Discovery complements the reporting and analysis capabilities of Oracle BI EE.
- See how data is loaded into the Endeca Server from disparate, heterogeneous sources.
- Understand how an OEID user interface is put together, using a search first paradigm.
Event Driven Real-Time Analytics
Jon Mead, Rittman Mead
Time: 2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
This presentation looks at an Oracle Business Intelligence implementation that was designed to provide real-time analytics, based on a high volume, event-driven, enterprise architecture. The presentation looks at the design and architecture decisions and talks through some of the technical challenges around using ODI to read high volume data from an event queue into Exadata. Reporting was provided through OBIEE and the presentation looks at some of the physical and logical structures required to support the query times needed for real-time reporting, plus some of the visualization techniques used to enable the business to understand the ever changing data set.
- Understand the benefits of real-time data for a customer BI implementation.
- See how Oracle Data Integrator facilitates a real-time data warehouse.
- Understand real-time reporting techniques for Oracle BI EE.
Oracle BI 11g Maps – Making Yourself Spatially Aware
Antony Heljula, Peak Indicators
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
The use of maps with Oracle BI 11g is one of the most effective ways to add wow factor to your dashboards and increase user adoption.
As well as providing a full overview of the Oracle BI 11g mapping capability, this presentation will demonstrate advanced features such as spatial aggregation and the invoking of spatial functions from within BI Dashboards. A number of frequently asked questions will also be addressed on key areas such as licensing and using digital maps versus external map providers.
- Understand the mapping capabilities of Oracle BI Enterprise Edition.
- See how spatial functions in the Oracle Database can be used in a BI environment.
Review how different mapping providers can be used with Oracle Mapviewer and Oracle BI EE.