ODTUG Kscope has become known as THE PLACE to be to network with colleagues, learn from the best, and elevate your database knowledge. Kscope15, coming up June 21-25 in Hollywood, Florida, will be no different – in fact, it will be better.
“Need to build or maintain applications against Oracle Database? Then ODTUG’s Kscope15 conference is the place to be,” said Steven Feuerstein, PL/SQL evangelist for Oracle Corporation. “I’ve been attending and presenting at Kscopes (and its predecessors) for decades – and every single time, I come out a better, more productive, more inspired developer."
At Kscope15, there will be more than 40 sessions dedicated to Database Development. Here are some of the week’s highlights:
- Sunday Symposium – Led by Oracle’s own Steven Feuerstein, Maria Colgan, Bryn Llewellyn, Kris Rice, Jeff Smith, and Tyler Muth, these sessions will teach you what’s new and what’s coming in Database Development.
- Monday – We all know that “NoSQL” really stands for “Not Only SQL," but it’s easy sometimes to forget just how powerful and critical both the SQL and PL/SQL languages are to hundreds of thousands of applications and billions of human beings. In this special four-session YesSQL! Day series, Tom Kyte will drill down into key features of the Oracle SQL language, and Steven Feuerstein will make sure developers know about the latest and greatest features of PL/SQL. Join these two visionairies for fresh perspectives, technical inspiration, and a rousing good time!
- Tuesday – Catch a panel of Database Development experts during Lunch and Learn sponsored by OTN.
- Wednesday – Work hard and play hard. Unwind for an evening after three days full of sessions – no better place than at Nikki Beach with the Kscope crowd during the Special Event.
- Thursday – Cap off the week with a Deep Dive, "Visual SQL Tuning (VST): Optimizing SQL Execution Plans Easily with Graphics" by Kyle Hailey of Delphix.
This is one conference you do not want to miss. “The Database Development track this year is looking outstanding,” said Jeff Smith, senior principal product manager at Oracle Corporation. “I’m personally looking forward to talks on Row Pattern Matching, Edition-Based Redefinition, OATH2 in ORDS, Analytic Functions, and Data Warehouse Design. And NONE of those sessions are coming from Oracle Corporation employees. Don’t worry – we’ll have plenty of those. We love to come to Kscope, and we come prepared to blow you away with the best technical content.” Check out this guest blog post for more of Jeff's thoughts on Kscope15.
Don’t delay – register and book your hotel room today – very few rooms remain at the Diplomat, but we have secured additional space at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort. Space is limited, so don’t get left behind. The Early Bird Rate ends March 25!