ODTUG is excited to announce the third annual ODTUG Innovation Award. The ODTUG Innovation Award honors excellence in creative, effective, and innovative use of Oracle development tools within ODTUG's supported communities (APEX, BI, Database, and EPM) or emerging technologies (Blockchain, AI, or IoT). The goal is to honor developers—individuals or teams—whose passion and creativity shine through in their application of Oracle Corporation technology to address real-world problems.
We are looking for innovative, exceptional, ahead-of-the-curve applications of Oracle development tools that stand out as examples of “the next big thing” in Oracle Corporation technology or as unusually creative applications of new and emerging Oracle tools. Nominees must be projects that go beyond implementation of a new tool or feature —what did you do that is unusually creative or innovative to achieve Oracle awesomeness?
To make a nomination for the award, you must be an ODTUG member (Associate or Full). If you are not a member, join now.
- Nominees may be individuals or teams.
- Nominees need not be ODTUG members, but they must work with a tool that supports at least one of our communities (APEX, BI, Database, and EPM).
- Open-source and/or collaborative efforts are eligible.
- Nominations open: Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
- Nominations close: Friday, May 18, 11:59 p.m. EDT.
An excellent example of an Innovation Award nomination is our 2017 Innovation Award Winner: Vincent Morneau, APEX Nitro.
Project URL: https://github.com/OraOpenSource/apex-nitro
Innovation: APEX Nitro makes coding faster and easier by hosting and distributing static files more efficiently within an APEX application.
Why APEX Nitro?
- Synchronizes your APEX app files from your computer
- Synchronizes your devices together
- Merges your files into one
- Minifies your files for faster execution time
- Uploads your files to APEX
- Allows you to use Sass or LESS
This project is innovative because it leverages the many benefits of Node.js and brings them to a regular APEX developer.
Click here for a full list of 2017 nominations.
For the second year in a row, we are bringing back member voting! We want YOU to help decide the 2018 Innovation Award winner. Member voting will be combined with judges' scoring to determine an overall Innovation Award winner.
Member voting will open on Monday, May 21, and remain open until Sunday, May 27. To vote, you must be an ODTUG member (Associate or Full). If you are not a member, join now.
At the close of the Innovation Award nominations, members will be emailed voting instructions. One vote per member, please.
The 2018 ODTUG Innovation Award winner will be selected by a team of ODTUG experts who will review all of the nominations and grade them according to these general topics:
- Innovation – The "wow" factor: acknowledges the exceptional and innovative
- Quality – Not only does it have to be "wow," but it has to work
- Applicability – Evaluates subject matter importance, completeness, effectiveness, and accuracy
- Topic merit – Treatment of a cutting-edge topic, technical complexity, or new and unique approach to a common problem