So you’ve learned the basics of MDX and you are ready to take the next step. What are the next challenges as you begin to put MDX to use in real projects?
In this hands-on lab we will cover practical application of intermediate to advanced functions, calculation order and optimization using real world examples of some of the most frequently used calculations such as:
• Intermediate to advanced ratio analysis
• Rolling calculations
• User defined members and sets
• Complex period-to-period comparisons
• Balance forward calculations
• Analytical functions
We will make use of member formulas and queries. We will also make use of Smart View’s Smart Query feature to illustrate how MDX can be used in end user reporting applications. We will also address some tricky calculation order issues and demonstrate optimization techniques.
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database