Your prayers have been answered: after years and years of waiting, you can now build and deploy ADF applications without having to pay one cent to Oracle. JDeveloper 11g, the Integrated Development Environment, has always been free. But until now, you needed a specific licence to deploy your application. This licence is bundled with Oracle Application Server and Oracle WebLogic Server. You can also buy it for other supported applications servers, such as IBM WebSphere. With ADF essentials, Oracle offers you the possibility to deploy your applications in production without having to buy an ADF licence or Oracle WebLogic Server. The key enabler here is the open-source GlassFish application server.
This is great news, but now what? The aim of this session is to explain what is ADF Essentials and to give you an overview of the GlassFish application server.
The agenda for the session is:
1. Getting the Facts Straight on ADF
2. Meet ADF Essentials
3. The GlassFish Application Server
4. Two Great Development Environments: JDeveloper and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database