Christian Berg, Dimensionality GmbH
Turning the standard best-practice/how-to presentation format on its head, this presentation will look at some real-life OACS or OBI implementations and where it all went wrong. We’ll look at the worst, the weirdest, the most absurd, and the wackiest ways the Oracle Analytics tool is abused:
- How did projects get to these points?
- What were the original misconceptions?
- How to counter these misconceptions?
- Why are “it works” and “it fulfills the requirements” not only not enough but rather dangerous pitfalls?
- Can I actually jeopardize the future of my BI system by choosing a cheap, quick, and dirty approach?
- Is it ever OK to simply execute without comprehension?
This session will give attendees a deeper understanding of the impact seemingly innocuous design and implementation decisions can have on the stability and success of an entire Analytics system. An end-to-end view of the stack will be taken, covering areas including logical modelling, analysis design, and architectural topics. The importance of a holistic view and an appreciation of alternatives will be emphasized as well as the need to understand, comprehend, and reflect on the implications of a “best practice” being followed, as well as the technology stack simply being misunderstood. Attendees will be in a position to better weigh and judge implementation options knowing their long-term effect and impacts in terms of:
- user experience
- upgrade capability
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database