ODTUG is excited to announce the formation of the ODTUG Innovation Award. The ODTUG Innovation Award honors excellence in creative, effective, innovative use of Oracle development tools within ODTUG's supported communities (ADF, APEX, BI, Database, and EPM). The goal is to honor developers – individuals or teams – whose passion and creativity shine through in their application of Oracle technology to address real-world problems.
We are looking for innovative, exceptional, ahead-of-the-curve applications of Oracle development tools that stand out as examples of “the next big thing” in Oracle technology or as unusually creative applications of new and emerging Oracle tools.
To make a nomination for the award, you must be an ODTUG member (Associate or Full). If you are not a member, join now.
- Nominees may be individuals or teams that are non-Oracle employees.
- Nominees need not be ODTUG members, but they must work with a tool that supports at least one of our communities (ADF, APEX, BI, Database, and EPM).
- Open-source and/or collaborative efforts are eligible.
● Nominations close: May 31
- Integration of Oracle Forms and Java ADF (years ago)
- HTML DB, when it first came out – and the first practical applications of HTML DB (years ago)
- Our first look at Node.js integrated with (extending) an APEX application (a few years back)
- Oracle applications of Google Glass
- The work of Peter Koletzke and Paul Dorsey deciphering and promoting JDeveloper when it first launched
The 2016 ODTUG Innovation Award Award winner will be selected by a team of ODTUG experts who will review all of the nominations and grade them according to these general topics:
- Innovation – The "wow" factor: acknowledges the exceptional and innovative
- Quality – Not only does it have to be "wow," but it has to work
- Applicability – Evaluates subject matter importance, completeness, effectiveness, and accuracy
- Topic merit – Treatment of a cutting-edge topic, technical complexity, or new and unique approach to a common problem