Special Note: Your ODTUG membership must be paid and up to date no later than September 30, 2015, to be eligible to vote or run for office.
- Develop and initiate policies and programs regarding the general direction of ODTUG membership, conferences, publications, and communications with Oracle Corporation
- Attend the annual ODTUG conference
- Participate in a monthly Board of Directors teleconference of approximately 60 to 120 minutes
- Prepare monthly progress report(s)
- Attend two face-to-face Board of Directors meetings annually: For 2016, the dates are January 15-17, 2016, and June 24, 2016; 2017 dates will be determined.
- Maintain an email address for board communications
- Chair and/or serve on at least one active committee
ODTUG pays for all travel and per diem costs associated with official Board of Directors meetings. Board members are expected to maintain and pay for their ODTUG membership.
Current Board Members Whose Terms Expire December 31, 2015
- Monty Latiolais
- Natalie Delemar
- Martin D’Souza
- David Schleis
- Mia Urman
Nomination Guidelines and Deadlines
All nominees must be paid ODTUG members in good standing. Please submit the nomination with a campaign statement, brief biography, and picture of the nominee in JPG format.
- The campaign statement (no more than 250 words) should include why you are interested in becoming a board member, your experience with ODTUG or similar groups, what specific talent/experience you possess that could enhance the leadership of ODTUG, and your goals if elected to the board. Feel free to add hyperlinks because nominations will be posted electronically. Hyperlinks will be counted in the word count.
- The biography (no more than 150 words) should include your professional biographical information, experience with Oracle tools, current and past employers, publication information, education, and other background information you feel would paint a clear picture of your knowledge of Oracle tools and leadership abilities. Do not include personal information regarding family or hobbies.
- If you have previously served on the Board of Directors and resigned from the board, your nomination must be approved by the current ODTUG Board of Directors. You will be notified of your status by October 1, 2015.
- You agree that in view of your service as a director of ODTUG, you will disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest or any situation that might give the appearance of a conflict of interest.
Deadline: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 11:59 p.m. (PDT)
Methods of Submission
Link: Click here to submit
2601 Iron Gate Drive, Suite 101
Wilmington, NC 28412
Example: Bambi Price (2012 Nominations)
With the ODTUG board re-election here, I seek your support in continuing as your representative on the ODTUG Board of Directors. During the past four years, I have served as ODTUG’s secretary and, most recently, as vice president. During this time, my goal has been to inspire positive outcomes through identifying and developing opportunities for ODTUG within the Oracle community. My time on the board has been productive in facilitating a number of initiatives, including:
- Establishing a BI/EPM Seriously Practical Conference in Sydney, Australia, this year
- Creating the Online Education Committee that now consistently offers approximately two to six webinars each month
- Establishing webinars in Spanish
- Actively expanding ODTUG awareness outside of North America
- Representing ODTUG at Asia Pacific Oracle UserGroup Community meetings
- Representing ODTUG on various IOUC committees
- Initiating discussions with other countries to run joint ODTUG events
It is my goal to continue working collaboratively with members of the ODTUG Board of Directors to further expand our presence beyond North America and to ensure ODTUG is well-represented and marketed—all the while, maintaining members’ needs and interests.
I understand that ODTUG exists to serve its members, and the board works tirelessly to ensure that all needs are met and effective representation is provided. In my membership of the board, I am committed to and immensely enjoy the time I spend volunteering for ODTUG.
ODTUG is the home for technologists. With your support, I will continue to promote ODTUG throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Bambi Price is the chief executive officer of Park Lane Information Technology in Melbourne, Australia. Bambi utilizes her expertise in the areas of management, business solutions, and technical innovation to work with the management team at Park Lane to enhance its role as a successful and vibrant organization.
With more than 25 years of industry experience, Bambi has had roles ranging from software development to management. She’s worked with Oracle products since 1991 and has been a highly active member of the Oracle Community.
Bambi’s various Oracle community involvements include:
- ODTUG vice president 2011
- ODTUG secretary 2008-2010
- Vice chair/spokesperson for the International Oracle User Community (IOUC) 2006-2008
- Committee member of various IOUC committees 2005-2011
- Leader/spokesperson for the Asia Pacific Oracle UserGroup Community (APOUC) 2006-2011
- Committee member of the Victorian Branch of the Australian Oracle User Group (AUSOUG) 2005-2007