Neviana Zhgaba, GE Digital
When you hop on the Agile and DevOps magic carpet, there’s no challenge that you can’t overcome, flying over the Agrabah landscape of Oracle Finance applications!
General Electric is one of the biggest users of Oracle technology for Finance systems (HFM, Planning, Essbase, DRM, PBCS, OAC, CM, ARM, FDMEE, ODI, Automic, Accelatis, Exalytics, Exadata) supporting 500+ internal applications. In the past year, we have started a new journey to transform the way we manage our resources and projects using the Agile and DevOps practices.
Our goal is to accomplish the product vision and business objectives at a faster pace by better facilitating communication and collaboration between all product stakeholders, leveraging our resources efficiently throughout the planning, development, and operations phases of every Finance IT product initiative.
As the scrum master of the GE Finance IT team, I will tell you an Arabian Nights Disney-worthy fairy tale of how we put together the process, people, and technology pieces to accomplish our Agile & DevOps transformation journey.
At the end of this session attendees will learn about:
- What is the role of the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the DevOps team and how do these roles deliver results together.
- Why we have embraced a hybrid approach towards the Agile methodology specifically tailored to Finance IT applications.
- How we have adapted the Scrum Sprint events to fit the way we are managing the product lifecycle meetings.
- A detailed demo of how we are using the Agile ALM tool ‘Rally’ to organize products and daily deliverables using a five-tier hierarchy approach.
- How we are integrating our Product Management tool with Rally.
- Best practices, challenges, lessons learned and what remains to be accomplished.
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database