Rich Niemiec, Viscosity North America
This webinar will focus on some of the best 12c & 12cR2 new features that should be investigated for use for tuning, development, and administration. Some of you may already be on 12c or just moving there. Some of you may be on 12cR2 or 18c but haven’t had the time to investigate or implement some of the great features.
The features we’ll cover for 12c and 12cR2 are not only central for effective database administration tasks; they’re also the key to helping application developers write better code to leverage built-in efficiencies that 12c and 12cR2 provide.
We’ll provide simple examples (such as the new FETCH FIRST query capabilities and a quick example using pluggable databases) to show the basic functionality of these new features so that you can adapt it to your unique environment.
Finally, we’ll also look ahead to some of the newest features already available in 18c/19c so that you can prepare your 12cR2 database for upgrading to those releases when the time comes.
- Working with the SGA, SQL*Plus History, and Object Name changes to Sizing
- Multiple indexes on the same Column
- FETCH FIRST X ROWS
- Oracle In-Memory Column Store & Features
- In-Memory Virtual Columns & JSON (R2)
- Adaptive Execution Plans & Patch to fix issues
- Approximate Query new 12cR2 Features
- Quick In-Memory Tips and R2 New Features like In-Memory Joins
- Security Enhancement
- 18c/19c New Features to look forward to and the future ahead
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database