Jennifer Hanks, Key Performance Ideas
MDX is often used in ASO cube member formulas, but did you know you can also use MDX to write reports and Smart View queries? Did you know that these reports and queries can be written against both BSO and ASO cubes?
MDX can seem daunting, but with a basic understanding of syntax and functions, MDX is not that difficult. Join us for our webinar and learn what you need to get started writing MDX reports and queries that can supplement your reporting and add a new tool to your reporting tool set.
Presented by Jennifer Hanks at Kscope 17 and awarded best presentation of the BI & Reporting Track, Jennifer will share:
- Best practices for building formulas, including examples to visualize the appropriate approach
- A comparison of MDX to BSO formulas and the conversion of BSO to ASO, specifically instances where very distinct differences can occur, and how to make the process run smoothly
- How to use MDX editor to write queries and reports against both BSO and ASO cubes
The goal of this webinar is to help attendees brainstorm new formulas their leadership might find useful, particularly when reviewing how other companies have built and leverage MDX on a daily basis for trend analysis, salary projections, turnover analysis, forecasting, and budgeting purposes using KPIs, and more.
Become a member of ODTUG to gain access to more than 12,500 files in our technical database.
- Not a member? Click through to the topic of interest to browse a list of available presentations.
- Already a member? Log-in here to access the full database
Click here to see the Full Techincal Resource Database